Highlights of The Annual Debate 2017Thursday, April 6, 2017
by Business Council for Africa
The Annual Debate 2017 | Africa: The Next Chapter | Critical Points
Keynote 1 – Developing Tomorrow’s Leaders
- 60% of Africa’s population are currently aged 25 and under and by 2024, Africa will be the most populous continent in the world.
- It is thus vital to provide the educational opportunities to harness the talent and vitality of Africa’s youth as well as meet their growing aspirations.
- The Africa Leadership University is a new network of institutions across the continent to do just this and train Africa’s future leaders in the right skills and self-confidence.
- 5 points distinguish this initiative: a focus on skills, not academic theory; strong links with potential employers; an emphasis on instilling an entrepreneurial instinct; using technology; and encouraging students to reflect on Africa’s challenges.
- The Africa Leadership University encourages students to solve Africa’s challenges, and capture the continent’s opportunities.
To read more click the icon below: