The LSE is excited to present its 5th Annual Africa Summit with the theme Africa at Work: Educated. Employed. Empowered. This topic aims to tackle the unemployment challenge, especially amongst the youth on the continent, and offer solutions to promote job creation, inclusive and sustainable growth on the continent. This is of high priority to policymakers and practitioners, as rising unemployment continues to give rise to serious social, economic and security challenges. Discussions over the two days will be largely centred around the following:
1. Bridging the skills, education and training gaps
2. Entrepreneurship as an engine for job creation and inclusive growth
3. Laws, regulations and policies
4. The impact of technology and digitalisation on jobs and economic growth
5. The role of the booming creative industries in socio-economic development
Click HERE for more information.