The London Business School Africa Club is excited to present its 16th Annual Africa Business Summit scheduled to be held in London on Saturday 22nd April 2017. The Summit has established itself as a leading forum in Europe for shaping an integrated and innovative perspective on Africa’s future.
In keeping with London Business School’s tradition of substantive thought leadership, the 2017 summit theme is “Made in Africa”. Despite recent slowed growth and development, Africa's potential remains enormous and as such we will seek to address effective strategies for developing Made in Africa solutions that embrace the diversity and peculiarity of the continent.
Historically, many African nations have been over dependent on commodities however Africa’s governments, companies and entrepreneurs need to find innovative solutions to move the continent beyond commodity-dependence.
This year’s summit will look to explore some of these solutions and will take place against the backdrop of critical questions for the continent:
- How can African companies meet existing domestic demand locally?
- How will we leverage Africa’s increasing comparative advantages in participating in global value chains?
- How will entrepreneurs get better access to financing?
- How do we build a more integrated continent with unlimited cross border access?
- How do we create innovative solutions to address power and infrastructure challenges?
- How can Africa profit from its creative industries?
The day’s proceedings will end with a Gala reception with live African entertainment and will also include an Alumni awards ceremony during a seated Gala dinner.
Click HERE to find out more and book your ticket.